Rick L. Ferrara graduated from Cleveland State University's Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2009 and holds a Bachelor's Degree in History from Marquette University. Before attending law school, Mr. Ferrara worked in marketing, sales, and Microsoft-based computer network management for small businesses.
Mr. Ferrara’s academic credentials include active participation in Cleveland-Marshall's Moot Court Program. He served on both the ABA National Team and the National Competition Team, while ardently participating in cultural and academic clubs, including the Student Bar Association, Justinian Forum, and the Gavel student newspaper.
Throughout his scholastic and professional pursuits, Mr. Ferrara has always focused on the art of writing. From undergraduate studies through to his law studies and practice, Mr. Ferrara has had to adapt his writing style to fit new and challenging demands. Mr. Ferrara’s goal is to continue applying his professional writing abilities in the law through his practice.
As of 2015, Mr. Ferrara has one book in publication, The Tarnished Key. This first book is written for young readers, and was written by Mr. Ferrara in the winter of 2014 as a gift to his nephews. It is currently published on Amazon.com at and can be purchased here.
- Professional Experience:
- Of Counsel at The Lindner Law Firm, LLC
- Focusing on professional drafting and trial litigation, including motion and appellate practice.
- Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office
- Law Clerk, General Felony and Appellate Divisions
- (May 2007 - May 2009):
- Wrote appellate briefs, trial motions, and research memoranda
- Provided research to Appellate, General Felony, and Civil Division
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys
- Assisted in pretrial activity, including discovery procedures, while supervised by an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
- Academic Background:
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University
- Juris Doctor, 2009
- Moot Court (2007-2009):
- Best Orator, Moot Court Night 2008
- Member, Nationals Competition Team (Fall, 2008)
- Member, ABA Competition Team (Spring, 2008)
- Member, Board of Governors, Alumni Relations (2008-2009)
- The Gavel, Co-Editor in Chief (2008-2009)
- Student Bar Association, Senator (2007-2008)
- Justinian Forum, President (2007-2009)
- Federalist Society, Vice President (2007-2008)
- Criminal Law Society, Member (2007-2008)
- John Carroll University - University Heights, Ohio:
- Completed graduate courses in Communications Management, 2003-2004
- Marquette University - Milwaukee, Wisconsin:
- Bachelor of Arts in History (major), English (minor), 2001